Most job adverts I have seen for eLearning consultants and instructional designers do not require a degree in the field (usually “a related field” is enough – sometimes not even that!). All require experience with the main eLearning authoring tools and a portfolio to show experience and skills.
- Excellent article on Articulate about how to get a job in eLearning or instructional design.
- Article by Ann Gordon detailing six typical jobs for those qualified in instructional design, along with job descriptions and skills needed.
- Elearning crowd – freelance instructional design jobs.
- edX jobs – in Cambridge, MA.
- Coursera jobs – in California.
- eLearning Guild job board (you need a free “Associate” membership in order to view this).
- eLearning jobs on Indeed.com
- eLearning jobs on Monster.com